Shire of Wickepin Heritage Trail Reports
Yealering Heritage Trail Report - Draft
Harrismith Heritage Trails Report - Draft
Wickepin Heritage Trails Report - Draft
Disability Access & Inclusion Plan
Do you have a disability and find it difficult to use the Shire of Wickepin facilities and access services? We would like to hear your suggestion of how we can improve our buildings and services to accommodate the needs of people with disability.
The Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP) is a regulatory requirement and is now due for updating so it’s a good opportunity for people with a disability or carers of people with a disability to have your say so it can be considered in the revised plan. This can be done by viewing the DAIP at the Shire Administration Office or by clicking here.
Other ways that suggestions on disability access can be communicated is by attending a Townscape and Cultural Planning Committee meeting which is held monthly on a Wednesday. For more information on this Committee or suggestions to be included in the agenda, please contact Leah Pearson at the Shire Office on 9888 1005 or email email@example.com.
The DAIP is required to achieve the following desired outcomes:
1. People with disability have the same opportunities as other people to access the services of, and any events organised or sponsored by Council
2. People with disability have the same opportunities as other people to access the buildings and other facilities provided by the Shire of Wickepin.
People with disability receive information from Council in a format that will enable them to access the information as readily as other people are able to access it.
3. People with disability receive the same level and quality of service from Council staff as other people receive from the staff of Council.
4. People with disability have the same opportunities as other people to make complaints to Council.
5. People with disability have the same opportunities as other people to participate in any public consultation by Council.
6. People with disability have the same opportunities as other people to obtain and maintain employment with the Shire of Wickepin
Several improvements have already been undertaken within the Shire over the past several years such as new footpaths, disability swing seats, an electronic door at the Shire Administration Office and ramp at the Community Resource Centre, so please let us know what else we can do to assist.