As part of the Wheatbelt Health Region, the Wickepin Health Service is continually working with the community to improve primary care provided to the local and visiting population.
The Health Centre is staffed by a Registered Nurse from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and everything discussed with the nursing staff is confidential.
Wickepin Health Centre
The Health Centre offers:
- General Nursing Clinic - Nursing management of general medical, surgical and pediatric conditions with referral to the appropriate services.
- Health Promotion - Works with the community to improve its health and well being.
- Child Health Clinics - 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Immunisation Clinics - Children and adult clinics in line with Health Department WA recommendations.
- Extended care and early discharge
- Chair aerobics
- Social issues
- Liaison with Mental Health team
- Visiting Medical Practitioner - Visits weekly. Appointments can be made at the Wickepin Health Service.
- School Health & Health Education - Supports a health promoting environment within the school.
The Home and Community Care Coordinator works from the Wickepin Health Service on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The HACC program helps our aged citizens to live independently in their own homes and to continue to participate in the community.
The services available include:
- Domestic assistance
- Home maintenance
- Personal care
- Weekly social gatherings
- Activities and outings.
Anyone may contact HACC to obtain assistance including:
- Doctors & hospitals
- Carers and community services.